Wednesday, September 22, 2004

DCI Board Votes To Eliminate Retreats, Caption Awards, Critiques

Drum Corps Planet - DCI Board Votes To Eliminate Retreats, Caption Awards, Critiques

I can't say I like this development, retreats were one of the reasons I enjoyed going to a drum corps show. I guess I am an old f*art but I think some of the traditions should be kept to keep drum corps a unique activity.

I am sceptical of the following statement, coming from the directors of the top Division I corps:

The decision means an end to retreats for non-major DCI tour events, and will do away with all post-show judges critiques. DCI says the changes should create ways for more parity within the activity, namely giving smaller, less competitive corps the chance for more success and recognition.


I am not sure how eliminating valuable feedback to instructors is going to help smaller corps.

Well, this means if my idle dream of running a drum corps show when I am retired ever comes to fruiition, it won't be a DCI show.

No comments: