Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Danny Maracle remembered

I must give some of you some sad news: Danny Maracle, an Ambassador alumnus, passed away on February 26, 2006. I was notified of this by Theresa Andrews who is coordinating contacts for some sort of memorial which is still being organized.

Those of you in Ontario who might like to attend please contact Theresa at the following e-mail (written out to thwart the spambots): tdewarw307 "at" rogers "dot" com



Here is the text of Theresa's email sent recently to Ambassador alumni:

For those of you who do not remember me or recognize my name; I was once a member of the Ambassadors......I've received your address from Sam King - (thank you once again Sam!)

I'm contacting you with some sad news-
This past Sunday, Feb. 26, Danny Maracle passed away.

Funeral arrangements have not been made up to this point.

When more information is available I will contact everyone again.

Please visit http://ambassadorsdbc.blogspot.com - (well done Sam!)

Pass this on to as many members as you can think of...Anita really needs our support right now.

I'll be in touch!
Theresa Andrews




I'll update this post as I receive more information.


This picture of Danny was taken at the 2000 Ambassadors reunion.





Here are a few pictures of Danny in the Ambassadors:

This one is Dan in the 1980 Ambassadors. He is the big guy on cymbals doing a hi-hat for the snares. (Click for a slightly bigger version)





Danny Maracle on 'plates'

Here he is in the 1983 Ambassadors at the PC convention in Ottawa. I believe he is the last bass drum in line (on the right).

Drum line in Ottawa, 1983

No comments: